My husband surprised me with this funny little gizmo called an Olloclip a few weeks ago.
it’s a 3 in 1 lens attachment to use on my iPhone, like this.
When turned one way it works as a fisheye lens; turned the other way a wide-angle and if you unscrew the lens piece it becomes a macro lens- very dinky! I hadn’t had much chance to play around until the last few days but so far I’m liking the results and extra possibilities it gives for taking photos using my phone. The only down side is that to fit it in I have to remove the cover I have on my phone and I just don’t seem to have the knack to do that easily! Anyway here are a few photos I took outside my house.
just realised I was having so much fun with the macro and fisheye that I took very few with the wide angle and it was getting dark so they weren’t very good and I deleted them! Oops!
From my window this morning I was cheered up by the sight of this beautiful iris that had just opened up.
I grabbed my camera to go out and practise the use of macro photography. I was enjoying taking the various flowers that have recently started blossoming with the warmer weather when my gardener called me to come and look at what he had found in the back garden. Curious I followed him thinking perhaps it was a locust or praying mantis and was surprised to find …..a tortoise!
I know a few people who keep tortoises so set off on my bike to visit them to find out if it belonged to them. Nothing definite came out of this so I posted a photo on my Facebook page and a post on the compound Facebook page and soon had a few more suggestions. Meanwhile I gave tortie some tomato, water and peas which ‘he’ chomped into with great gusto! An hour ago he was picked up by Sarah our compound animal rescue person who is going to house him with her tortoises until his true home can be found. A reasonably happy ending:)
Macro photography has been an absolute disaster as far as I’ve been concerned. Every time I’ve thought I’d cracked it I have had to look at all my friends beautiful ‘captures’ when all I’ve been able to succeed in doing is create , yet another set of blurry images! I’m pleased to say that yesterday’s attempts were a great improvement:) the only worrying thing is it was more ‘luck than judgement’ and I just hope that next time I will be able to reproduce a few more successful macro images……….